My Value Statements:
- You can never plan a career decades ahead. Some of the jobs and places that interested you then don't exist now--and some that interest you now will be gone by then. Throw out any 10-year career plan and instead plan for the knowledge and skills you want to learn next year.
- Everything you have and will ever have, you will one day lose: your health, your family and your life. This will happen no matter how much you want to kick, scream and fight. Prepare yourself for that moment when you accept this fact and be at peace with it.
- Takers feel entitled to your time. Givers feel grateful for your time. Takers claim to be the victims of others' mistakes. Givers take responsibility for their own mistakes. Takers give to get ahead. Givers help those who have fallen behind.
- If you need someone else's approval to validate your opinion--then you never had an opinion to begin with.
- Recognize that you don't have to live your life the way any others expect you to.
- You can do good things for yourself and help people at the same time.
- If you never decide what you want to get out of life, others will make those decisions for you.
- There is always more than one way to accomplish something.
- You can accomplish anything you want alone, but it will never replace the greater accomplishments that you can achieve with others.